Water Clarification Floc Logs, APS 700 Series
|Availability:||In stock (4)|
|Delivery time:||1 - 3 business days|
Please complete a quote request form below
- Mine tailings and waste pile ditches
- Stormwater drainage from construction and building sites
- Road and highway construction runoff ditches
- Ditch and treatment system placement for all forms of highly turbid waters (less than 4% solids)
- Dredging operations as a flocculent
Features and Benefits:
- Removes solubilized soils and clay from water
- Prevents colloidal solutions in water within ditch systems
- Binds cationic metals within water, reducing solubilization
- Reduces operational and cleanup costs
- Reduces environmental risks and helps meet compliance
Specifications / Compliance:
- ANSI/NSF Standard 60 Drinking water treatment chemical additives
- 48h or 96h Acute Toxicity Tests (D. magna or O. mykiss)
- 7 Day Chronic Toxicity Tests (P. promealas or C. dubia
APS 700 Series Floc Logs are packaged in boxes of four (4)
- Appearance - semi-solid block
- Biodegradable internal coconut skeleton
- Percent Moisture - 40% maximum
- pH 0.5% Solution - 6-8
- Shelf Life – up to 5 years when stored out of UV rays
Floc Logs are designed for placement within ditches averaging three feet wide by two feet deep. Floc log placement is based on gallon per minute flow rates. Note: actual GPM or dosage will vary based on site criteria and soil/water testing.
Directions for Use:
(Water and Floc Log Mixing is Very Important!)
APS 700 Series Floc Logs should be placed within the upper quarter to half of a stabilized ditch system or as close as possible to active earth moving activities. Floc Logs have built in ropes with attachment loops which can be looped over stakes to ensure they remain where placed. Mixing is key! If the flow rate is too slow, adding sand bags, cinder blocks, etc., can create the turbulence required for proper mixing. Floc Logs are designed to treat dirty water, not liquid mud; when the water contains heavy solids (exceeding 4%), it will be necessary to create a sediment or grit pit to let the heavy solids settle before treating the water.
Floc Logs must not be placed in areas where heavy erosion would result in the Floc Logs becoming buried. Where there is heavy sedimentation, maintenance will be required.
APS 700 Series Floc Logs can easily be moved to different locations as site conditions change. Water quality will be improved with the addition of a dispersion field or soft armor covered ditch checks below the Floc Log(s) to collect flocculated particulate. Construction of mixing weirs may be required in areas where short ditch lines, swelling clays, heavy particle concentrations, or steep slopes may be encountered.
Latex or rubber gloves are recommended for handling during usage. Use soap and water to wash hands after handling.
Precautions / Limitations
APS 700 Series Floc Logs are extremely slippery when wet.
Clean up spills quickly. Do not use water unless necessary as extremely slippery conditions will result and if water is necessary, use pressure washer.
APS Floc Log will remain viable for up to 5 years when stored out of UV rays.
APS 700 Series Floc Logs have been specifically tailored to specific water and soil types and samples must be tested. Testing is necessary and is free.